Summer is almost here, make sure you protect yourself from UV rays with plenty of SPF, by limiting your sun exposure, and by avoiding the sun while it’s at its peak. And sunscreen plays the most significant role in protection of your skin from the harmful UV rays. Why?
- Sunscreen Diminishes Skin Cancer Risks:
Sunlight is the main source of ultraviolet (UV) radiation, which can ruin the genes in your skin cells. UV light is the major risk factor for most skin cancers. Applying your sunscreen daily can reduce the risk of developing all types of skin cancer, which is the most common cancer in the U.S. (1 in 5 Americans will have skin cancer in their lifetime).
2. Sunscreen Protects Your Skin From Sunburns:
Sunburns cause itching, redness, peeling, swelling or blistering. Sunburn is a clear sign that the DNA in your skin cells has been damaged by too much UV radiation, which is a serious factor of skin cancer development.
3. Sunscreen Prevents Premature Aging:
Sunscreen shields your skin from developing signs of aging, such as wrinkles and fine lines. Scientific studies showed that people under age 55, who use sunscreen on daily basis have 24% lesser chances of developing signs of aging than those who don`t use the sunscreen or use it occasionally.
Simple tips for sun safety from the American Cancer Society include:
- Do not use tanning booths, beds or lamps.
- When outdoors, stay in the shade whenever possible – particularly between the hours of 10:00 am – 4:00 p.m. when the sun’s rays are most dangerous.
- Wear sun protective clothing such as a long-sleeved shirts, hats UV protective sunglasses.
- Use a sunscreen with an SPF of 30+ on all skin that is not covered every day, even on a cloudy day(face, neck, hands and open parts of feet.)
- Wear lip balms with SPF.
- Reapply sunscreen every two hours or immediately after swimming or sweating.
In order to keep your skin protected from the sun damage, Smooth Aesthetics offers:
A lightweight SPF 45, contains an innovative blend of actives that protects skin from multiple extrinsic factors known to cause premature aging, including UVA, UVB and Infrared Radiation. Delivering a new strategy in sun protection, Clear Defense SPF 45 provides the highest possible level of protection while restoring youthfulness to the skin.
• Highest possible level of protection
• Fast-absorbing SPF features a high level of Niacinamide which reduces redness and blotchiness of the skin
• Increases firmness and elasticity
• Lightweight, oil-free and leaves no residue
• Prevents UVA, UVB and Infrared Radiation damage to the skin through an innovative botanical, Knotweed Extract
A water resistant, physical sunscreen that combines a moisturizing base with a sheer, universal tint beneficial for most skin types. Gentle enough for even the most sensitive skin types, including post-procedure skin. Light enough to wear alone or under makeup for daily sun protection.
• 100% physical sunscreen combined with a moisturizing base and sheer, universal tint
• Light enough to wear alone or under makeup
• Water resistant sunscreen (40 minutes)
To see how we can assist you in your pursuit of clear skin, just to stop by and have a complementary skin consultation.
Please don’t be shy. Call me at 781-620-0236 for your complimentary skincare consultation at Smooth Aesthetics.